Sunday, April 1, 2012

Japanese Speech Contest/ Reunion

This weekend was really busy. On Friday I FINALLY got to see the Hunger games with my friends. I wasn't too big a fan of the book, seeing as it took me 2 years to actually finish it, but I did like the movie. Even though it was over two hours, it was really engaging and pretty funny.

The next day I participated in the second annual 5 College Japanese speech contest. I don't think I did that well. I competed in the fourth year + group and there were only 4 of us competing. The contest took pretty much the whole afternoon. There were also many people there watching including other students and teachers. Some of my friends came to watch. 

On Sunday, Smith had its annual fantasy convention thing that features women in the sci fi/ fantasy genre. It is a nerdy event but I really enjoy it every year, and I usually go to see Tamora Pierce talk and get my book signed. Most of all, it's always fun to watch oddly-dressed people boffing on Seelye lawn. (No, boffing is not a sexual act).

Also on Sunday, Hubbard sensei invited the 5 College AKP students over to her house for lunch and to reunite with Kawata san, one of the office workers at AKP.



No comments:

Post a Comment