Monday, April 12, 2010

OOooo Holy Coooow.

Probably a lot has happened in the last two weeks, if only I wasn't too tired to remember anything. It's like that feeling when you get silly on sleeplessness. Last week was intense. I had lots of school things to get through including tests and a grant proposal I wrote for behavior genetics. Also, I did end up meeting Tamora Pierce 2 weeks ago and I even got my book signed. Awwweeesomeeee.

I also applied to a few summer internships. Lessee, I applied to an REU program in Alabama, which I won't get accepted to, and I applied to a Naturalist Intern position through the NY state environmental conservation department. I probably wont get that either. So I'm stuck, again, staring at old people all day. I guess it's not too bad. At least I'll have an income.

Half an hour ago I got back to Baldwin house (my dorm) after watching Adventure Time with Claire and Liza in Lawrence house. Adventure Time is pretty much sick-nasty. The show premiered last Monday and we all got together to watch it. It was better than I imagined any cartoon could ever be, and more on crack than anything I've ever seen. We decided that it's creator, Pendalton Ward, probably keeps drugs in his beard for easy access.
This past weekend was the best. It was totally worth all the no sleep. It was Spring Weekend so Friday night, I went to watch "Where the Wild Things Are" on campus but left because that movie is on crack. Then I went to the campus center to decorate a T-shirt, which was super-crafty. Lastly, Friday night Baldwin had its annual party. The theme this year was heroes and villains so pulled on my speed suit and danced a lot.

Saturday I had a meet and I actually ran semi-OK. My times in college are so not close to what I could do in high school but I'm getting over it. Saturday night there was Starlight Ball in the quad and a pretty good (and good looking) band was playing. They did a lot of covers of hit songs which I listened to while standing in line for a quad party. I eventually met up with Hannah and it turned out that we never got into the party. We gave up after waiting way too long and went to the campus center for midnight breakfast. It was great. They had a ton of doughnuts and a photobooth set up and nobody was in line. There was karaoke, and in preparation for Japan I tried out my vocals. Ummm, oh, THE BEST. I'd never seen this before but they had this lady who made WAXY HANDS. Like, you dip your hand in a giant vat of wax and then let it harden and you get this wax model of your own hand. For mine, I did a peace sign but my fingers must've drifted together because now it looks like the boyscout symbol. Hannah also did a peace sign but her pointer finger broke off on accident so now it just looks like it's giving the finger.


No comments:

Post a Comment