Sunday, December 12, 2010

Arashiyama and German Market

On Friday I was sooo tired but I went with my friend Chika to Arashiyama to see the light up. Friday was the 初日, the first day of the lightup. The whole event will continue for about ten days or so. Arashiyama is famous for having beautiful 紅葉, fall colors, and also for its pretty bamboo forest.


Some of the bamboo was lit with different colored lights, like blue :O


It was super-croweded, but still !


I made a small video. It was really dark out so I couldn't get much footage:




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next night, Saturday, I went to ドイツマーケット, The German Market, with my friends. It was pretty small but neat because there was live music (Christmas songs!) and a huge tree and stalls selling German-y things like beer and hot wine and weiners, etc.



There was even a really drunk Santa Claus. He was standing near one of the wine shops and it looked like he was enjoying free refills.


and a carousel :D

No comments:

Post a Comment