Monday, February 28, 2011

Kitano Tenmangu, Staff Dinner and Kobe Beef

This weekend was pretty chill. On Friday there was a festival and market at Kitano Tenmangu and I went over there to check out the goods and plum blossoms.

Since there was a festival going on too, I also got to see maiko and geisha. Sadly my camera died before I could get any good pictures..


the only picture I got is ruined by old people and salarymen :(

Thank you cellphone camera


Also, Friday night most of AKP got together at an Izakaiya near school and had tabehodai (all you can eat) dinner with the staff. Afterwards we went out to a bar and did purikura (!):

Saturday I went to Martin's house and ate KOBE BEEF. It's some of the most expensive meat ever and comes from Kobe, a city right near Kyoto. It was sooo good. I ate way too much..

..including these crabs that you eat like chips..

Afterwards, we went to karaoke at "Gatcha," a place near his house. They have themed rooms there with varying degrees of sketch. Like, there's a leopard print room and a heart room and there's also a ball pit room. They gave us a space room, which I think was just a normal room. It had, like, glow in the dark stars stuck the the walls.

Sunday the weather was beautiful and so I chilled with Martin and Kate D on the river all day. It felt like spring.

2 comments:

  1. I bet the geishas made your camera run out with their geisha magic. These pictures are gorgeous pieces of art, as all purikura is...though i won't ask about the potato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dahahhaha. lawl kaguru thanks.

    THEY MADE ME TAKE THE PURI DOWN. The office staff didn't want it up :(

    Go figure. I find beauty in every aspect of potato face but I guess some people don't appreciate beauty like I do.

    ReplyDelete