Monday, February 15, 2010

I LUUUURRRVE SKIING

This past weekend was really interesting because a lot of stuff happened. Stuff doesn't usually happen if it doesn't involve a textbook or take place in the library or on a track. Actually, Friday involved men and that's an even rarer occurrence because all the men you usually see here are over fifty and/or born women.

Masspirg was putting on its annual date auction and since I only brought 4 dollars with me I didn't bid on anybody but I WANTED TO. My grandma called me today and left a voicemail asking me "Kristin, why didn't you buy a man with the Valentine's money I sent you?" ...I don't know how to answer her :(

A girl on my track team won a man and they went out on a date and some people in my house also got some men. I'm OK with being single because while at Smith College, all I need is food and Disney Channel.

Anyways, after the auction I went to a party at another house and danced a ton and then went to sleep. The next day I went skiing for the second time all season at Berkshire East with some people from my house including a girl on the ski team. The mountain is really tiny and nothing like Gore Mountain in NY, which I'm more used to. By this I mean that I didn't fear for my life so much. Two reasons:

#1) Unlike Gore, ice did not coat every inch of ski-able terrain
#2) Unlike Gore, there weren't 323409832048 14 and 15-year-old boys everywhere, going full-speed down the mountain, like idiots

Hungry from skiing, we stopped to get Mickey D's on the way back and I almost fainted when I heard they ran out of ice-cream. McFlurrys are the reason for my existence and so the rest of the night passed in a blur of depression...

...but not really. I hung around with my friends and had a "study" party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment