Monday, June 7, 2010

Set Up

Today we got everything together that we needed for the experiment. I also got my TIGER CARD, the official card of Auburn University...AKA my new ID.

To get us our IDs, Alan took us over to Identity Management. There, a super-cranky balding man told me I needed my social security card to get my Tiger Card. Alan asked where it said that on their website and the Cranky Man got even more annoyed and showed him. Later, Cranky Man asked me in a not-so-nice tone, "Who was that man earlier who made me look stuff up on the website? SOME (lawl im a dumbass) GRAD STUDENT??! " ..and I guffawed a bit and said "No that's PROFESSOR Wilson." Durhur. I suppose he probably felt stupid after that...although Alan could look like a grad student more than a professor with his shoulder-length long flowing locks, T-shirt and Teevas or whatever.

Well, after that ordeal we returned to the Fisheries building. All the while I was laughing / crying about how horrendous my picture ID turned out. It looks like at the exact moment the picture was taken, I'm being possessed by something. My eyeballs are all wide and stupid-looking.. Anyways, until lunch, Michael and I (mostly Michael) collected the things in the lab that we'll need to set up the experiment tomorrow, and we measured out how much nutrients we need. Michael did all the math for that and I'm disappointed that I'm so bad at conversions and stuff. I guess I need a lot more practice.

After lunch we went to set up frames and trashcans for the experiment. We went over to the Ponds and tied all 36 trashcans into 18 frames. It wasn't that hard to do; I could technically do it by myself if I felt like it.. Next, we loaded them onto the boats and it looks totally bootleg: All these trashcans and piled onto 2 boats..

Now that I rethink it.. this setup would look weird in New York, but it probably fits right in in Alabama..

No comments:

Post a Comment